


Well, today was our appt with the ENT, Dr.Correa. Sam has been feeling pretty cruddy all weekend. He will feel great one minute and horrible the next. They did a hearing test on him and he "failed", the audiologist said it's likely due to all the fluid in his ears. We then see Dr.Correa who says his ears look "horrible". He seems to really think that tubes are the answer instead of continuing Sam on antibiotics as he is becoming resistant. We have done amoxicillin, augmentin, omnicef and now septra. Needless to say, we've been feeding him lots and lots of yogurt! Tomorrow we go for a shot of Rocephin. Hopefully, that will knock it out! Hayes had a great day at school today. He "actually" (his new favorite word) got a super smiley face and I asked him what that meant and he said " actually, it means I super behaved." He's too much for me! I love them so much!
Brant loves that word too! And most of his sentences begin with, "Well I thought..." It never ceases to crack me up. Hope the Rocephin works. We had to do that with Brant. We got as far at the pre-op for tubes, but in the process Brandon's mom showed me an article about how mild milk allergies can come out in runny noses, congestion, etc. He was on Soy formula as a baby, so i guess the switch to regular milk had its drawbacks. Anyways - I switched him to soy milk and he has had one ear infection since. We never ended up getting tubes. I know how frustrating all of that is though.
ReplyDelete